Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mommy, live guilt free!!



"Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchen, laundry piles, dirty ovens & Happy Kids"


I read this quote many times before, but it didn’t make any impression. Trashed it off as one of the lazy mommy's defensive talk!! You learn certain things, only when you experience it!! And now with 1.5 yrs toddler around, these lines have become my favourites!! How much I wish, my husband or anyone else frames this and gifts me just like that – my birthday is too far!! I want to hang this, right there – Opposite our main door, as a welcoming board to my guests, even before they look at mess around. Ofcourse, it should also remind me what is important, I want to be at peace!!


We, Women take pride in neatly decorated homes. As I write this, I remember another Telugu quote, “Intini chusi Illalini Chudu” (Translated : Even before you see the woman, you can know her from her house). Poor thing, it doesn’t take into account – Kids!! If I have to keep my house neat and clean, I should restrict freedom of my son. He is too young to understand where things should be!! He likes to keep everything on floor, – from kitchen utensils to his toys.  As long as he is happy, it shouldn't matter!! His smiles bring more peace than a clean house!! I have given up my quest for perfect home!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment