Friday, April 24, 2015

Don't be too busy to spend with your kids!!



"Don't keep yourself too busy to play with your kids. Your time is the most precious gift you can give to your children. Never let them walk away without a smile."

I always wonder, if I spend enough time with my toddler son? I want to spend with him, atleast as much time as my parents had spent with me. It is not just about working parents, many things have changed drastically over years.  Even my parents were working, but I knew exactly when they would be home - all of us used to leave home at 8:15 AM; my brother and I used to come home by 3:30 PM and our parents by 5:30 PM, same timings every day from Monday to Saturday. Sundays, all of us would be home. Mornings – we used to watch Moghli, Sri Krishna Chandrkanta etc on Durdarshan ; Biryani for lunch; Evenings – we used to go neighborhood children park, if not we will be meeting cousins for dinner. Life was predictable - It was definitely simple, more disciplined, clean and serenely happy.

I don’t think my son has such predictability, he doesn’t know when his parents would be home for that matter if we would be home at all, as both my husband and I need to travel for business trips. Nature of our jobs has changed over time, I really wonder if we have made more progress or added more hindrance with 24*7 working hours, 64 Channel Televisions, laptops, all-in-one smartphones etc.  My parents were never aware part of this “Work-Life balance” struggle, my parents used to earn enough for their times, we were middle class family. Now, we put double the effort (may not be physically but mentally yes) and also more hours into work, but even now we earn enough for the times now, we are still a middle class family.


For good or bad, we made progress in all the fields, and I definitely can’t keep my family aloof from this DEVELOPMENT, I just need to learn survive in this chaos now. I always wish my son had more peaceful and predictable childhood, like me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment